Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10

Guiltless Peach and Blueberry Pecan Crumble


I discovered these peachy beauties begging to be brought home from the East Nashville Tomato Fest on The Peach Truck. Ohhhh, ohhhh, ohhh. 
I could already taste the freshly made peach pie or the crumble topping that my mother used to let me mix up with my little hands when I was a small girl.

 Just the thought gives me comfort and a longing for a bowl of warm peaches and blueberries with a soft crumbly nutty topping and melting vanilla ice cream to bring it over the top. I've upgraded this special recipe with healthier coconut sugar, organic butter or coconut oil, non GMO organic old fashioned oats and some finely chopped almonds and pecans. I also use So Delicious Almond Vanilla Ice Cream these days.
                         Organic Peaches, Blueberries & Almond Pecan Crumble 



Peaches are high in Vitamin A and C, minerals and fiber. Bring home enough organic peaches to eat fresh, to freeze and to make fabulous salads and desserts. While you're at it, pick up some of the other fresh fruit of summer. You can pick and freeze what you don't munch on! The berries are also at their peak. They are the superstars of antioxidants

The Fruit Filling:

6-7 organic peaches washed and sliced
1 Tb. Fresh lemon to sprinkle over the peaches so they don't turn brown.
2 cups washed organic blueberries
1/4c coconut palm sugar (very low on glycemic index, safe for diabetics)
½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 TB corn starch, tapioca starch, arrowroot, small tapioca pearls or other thickening of choice.




 Organic Oats, Almond/ Pecan Crumble Topping
2 Cups Organic Rolled Oats (Old Fashioned) These are non-genetically modified.
½ teaspoon ginger, ground
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
a pinch of Himalayan or other sea salt
1/2 Cup almond meal (or finely chop your own)
½ Cup of chopped pecans.
¼ cup of coconut sugar or 6 Medjool dates
1/4c coconut oil or organic butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl toss together peaches, blueberries, coconut palm sugar,
 cinnamon, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Set aside while making the crumble topping.
In a medium bowl combine oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt.
In a food processor pulse together almonds, pecans and dates (or coconut sugar) until a coarse crumble. 
If you would like more texture you can rough chop the dates and nuts by hand. Toss the nuts and dates 
in with the oat mixture.
Coconut oil tends to turn to liquid in the summer warmth so you can easily pour coconut oil over the oat
mixture, stirring until well combine. If your coconut oil is solid, cut it into the oat mixture until you have a
crumbled consistency.  I enjoy using my hands to mix it together...liike my Grandma Laura and my Mommy did! 
There is just something so earthy and organic about loving hands mixing up dough, patties, cookies or crumbles.

Time to thicken things up!
Sprinkle corn starch or tapioca starch over your filling and gently stir into the berries and peaches. Your crumble will be too runny from all the juices released while baking if you do not thicken it with cornstarch or other thickening of your choice.
( I'd love for you to leave a comment about how you thicken your pies in the comment section below. Or just let me know if you think you're going to try your own crumble.) 
Pour filling into a 10″ pie plate, tart dish, or 8×8 baking dish or glass casserole.

Now you're ready to sprinkle your very tasty crumble mixture over top of the filling.

 Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on the deepness of your dish.
I highly recommend putting a baking sheet under the dish to catch any drips.
Keep an eye on how brown your crumble is getting. You can always place some loose foil over the top
if the filling isn't hot enough.

Be patient with that first bite! Allow it to cool for about 10-15 minutes . It will firm up as it cools a bit.

Dish it up warm and serve with your favorite organic ice-cream, yogurt or cream. I personally love to use the 
non-dairy versions like So Delicious Coconut or Almond Milk Ice Cream.
Let your crumble cool, cover and stash away for a special breakfast treat the next morning!
You can REV UP your nutrition for the day by including your favorite power juice or smoothie.

If you're looking for a high nutritional, energizing, fat burning boost to start your day, here is
what I do a lot of mornings:

Jerilyn's Morning Blender Drink
I made my usual (unsweetened) almond milk shake with a handful of greens, frozen strawberries, 
2 chunks of frozen banana or ice cubes and Juvo Raw Green Protein.


 I love to add in several dashes of cinnamon, grated ginger, 2 Tsp. of chia seeds and a couple drops 
of NOW brand Better Stevia or a tsp. of coconut sugar. It should be thick and creamy! 
I have some secret weapons I add in to my shakes that I feel make a world of difference in my life for energy, hormone balancing, immune system fine tuning, fat burning and seratonin boosting for happy, focused moods:
My favorite powdered supplements to keep my immune system giving out the proper signals are: Ambrotose and Nutriverus and GI Pro Slim Sticks for healthy, premium quality probiotics and phytonutrients 
You can find them at http://mannamotion.com/IFeelGreat

I add in a half packet of Javita Weight Loss Coffee or Green Tea from:  



If you can't get rid of that tummy fat, I can't say enough how quickly Javita Weight loss coffee burns up the
fat stored in those cells and uses it for energy!  At the same time it helps you burn your carbs from foods 
into energy. AND it helps me feel HAPPY as it supports serotonin formation in the brain. 
Who do you know who could lose more tummy fat AND experience more 'HAPPY'?  
You can get your delicious weight loss coffee here:  I Feel Great!

I would love to hear some suggestions on how you thicken your pies. What have you found that works best for you? Let me know if you try the crumble and what you think!  Or maybe you have your own favorite morning protein drink!

I am preparing to launch my radio show Oct. 1 on our new high powered station. You can stay up to date with each week's show on Monday nights at 9PM CSt through www.themagneticheart.com as well as my blog about my shows and recipes and podcasts. I'd love for you to help me by making a comment and also hitting the Magnetize Me Link on the site.  Also 'LIKING" my blog posts will help a lot, too! Thank you! I'll return the favor when you have things you wish to promote. 




3 comments:

  1. Thank you, my optimistic existentialist friend~ Here's to a lot of tasty delights in our day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is awfully appealing. I am contented with your post. I regularly read your blog and its very helpful. If you are looking for the best Buy Oxycodone Online, then visit Zion Care Pharmacy.Thanks!I enjoyed this blog post.

    ReplyDelete